Monday, June 20, 2011

HEAR NO EVIL

Longstanding exposure to both audible and inaudible range of electronically-altered forms of human voice has already taken its toll on my auditory faculty and acuity.  It is alarming of course! There are times that one ear would just fall dead and play dumb on me.  Other times, it just hears a low-pitched humming sound.  Newsflash! "tinnitus" on the loose!, much like a miniscule bee buzzing inside my ear.

I love listening to any genre of music.  I can say I am now immune to all sorts of decibel-defying bass, drum-banging blasting type of sounds from overpowering surround SFX, and even the countless "videoke nights" across the fence.  What would become of me if this nuisance goes on and on?  It is literally annoying so to speak.

My late mom would always remind me to keep the volume low to which I will always answer back that it just wouldn't work out that way.  It would be like watching a silent film for me.  Should I be worrying now?  It is still way too early to seek ENT intervention.  I don't want to lose my job.  Not yet, not now, lest I want to be a "PAL" sooner than I would expect.

Guess I have to tone down a bit on my music and movie-watching habits.  Better yet, I might try saving up for some extra bucks to buy boxes of Q-Tips.  Maybe this is just years of me not cleaning the "anatomical drums" haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment